I don’t know where to start with this topic as I’m not sure whether to be amused or upset.
I was in desperate need of hand sanitizer from FLP only to be told it was sold out due to the Ebola frenzy.
I won’t make light of this health insecurity plaguing the country but I must ask, are we even taking it seriously? Preventive measures have been made known to the nation, yet we choose to send out jokes about this virus en mass forgetting that some people just maybe harmed by not knowing what to believe.
It was reported on bellanaija the death and severe injury done to a few ignorant people who, in fear, fell for the ‘anti-ebola salt therapy’. Gullible as they may have been, nobody can blame them for an innocent mistake.
The Ebola virus apparently is real. So what do you do? Pray hard and make a conscious effort to stay healthy while taking preventive measures. Here’s some info that should help
• Transmission to humans is thought to originate from infected bats or primates that have become infected by bats. Under-cooked infected bat and primate (bush) meat transmits the virus to humans.
• Human to human transmission is only achieved by physical contact with a person who is acutely and gravely ill from Ebola virus or their body fluids.
• Transmission among humans is almost exclusively among caregiver family members or health care workers tending to the very ill.
• The virus is easily killed by contact with soap, bleach, sunlight, or drying. A washing machine will kill the virus in clothing saturated with infected body fluids.
• A person can incubate the virus without symptoms for 2-21 days, the average being 5-8 days before becoming ill. THEY ARE NOT CONTAGIOUS until they are acutely ill.
• Only when ill does the viral load express itself first in the blood and other bodily fluids (e.g vomit, feaces, urine,breast milk, semen and sweat).
• If you are walking around you are not infectious to others.
• You cant contract Ebola by handling money or swimming in a pool.
•There’s no medical reason to stop flights,close borders, restrict travel or close embassies,businesses or schools.
• Always practice good hand washing techniques,you will not contract Ebola if you do not touch a dying person.
So my people, don’t Panic, Educate Yourself, Educate Others and don’t joke about things that could save or ruin your life…